This 6 ingredient tuna mix is a staple in my household because it’s cheap, delicious and versatile – I use it to make tuna sandwiches, tuna melts and even as a snack to dip rice crackers in.
Total time: < 5 minutes
- 1 can of flaky white tuna in water, drained (preferably the low sodium kind)
- A small handful of finely chopped red or white onion
- 1-2 tbsp of low fat mayonnaise – I use one that contains half the fat and is olive-oil based. You can also substitute in plain yogurt instead.
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- pepper flakes
Combine all the ingredients together. That’s all there is to it! As I mentioned above, this easy recipe can serve as a base for salads, sandwiches, tuna melts and a quick snack.
- Before you cut your lemon in half, roll it on a cutting board with the palm of your hands to soften it up. You’ll get a lot more juice out of this way!
- You can definitely make this mix and store it in the fridge for later, but I recommend eating it within the first few days for best quality/flavour.
I hope you try this recipe out, because if you do i’m sure it’ll become a staple in yours too!