I catered the New Years party I was at a few weeks ago. It completely escaped me to take photos of all the appetizers I was making, but luckily a friend caught a couple snaps of these chorizo & goat cheese crostinis.
These are really easy to make, and are sure to be a fan favourite at any social gathering!
Total time: 10-15 minutes
- 500 grams of spanish chorizo, thinly sliced – you can also use parma ham or prosciutto
- ~200 grams of herbed goat cheese
- 1 french baguette
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut the french baguette into thin, even slices. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven to toast, about 5 minutes.
- Spread a healthy amount of the herbed goat cheese over each slice of bread.
- Place 1 to 2 slices of chorizo on the crostini.
- Cover with arugula.
- Drizzle with both balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprays work best here as they help ensure that you don’t overdo it.
Place them on a serving tray and watch them disappear 🙂